8 Ways to Improve your Vehicles Fuel Efficiency and Lower operating costs
There are several things that consumers can do to help find solutions to higher gas prices - both today and in the future and lower operating costs.
Fuel Savings tips:
- Obey the posted speed limit and don't over rev your engine. Use cruise control when it is safe to do so. Avoid rapid acceleration and braking.
- Keep tires inflated properly. Consult your owner's manual for proper inflation pressure information.
- Limit the use of your car's air conditioner. Do not carry unnecessary weight. Remove unused accessories such as bike and luggage racks.
- Give your car a regular tune-up, which makes sure your engine is running fuel efficiently.
- Do not overfill the gas tank. When a self- service pump's automatic shut off mechanism clicks off, stop filling.
- Regular Oil Changes as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
- Avoid "rabbit" starts.
- Do not idle vehicle for long periods of time.