General Parameters - New Site Acquisition
These guidelines are just that, guidelines. Realizing that each site and each market is different, Fastrac will look at all sites that fall within these general parameters. If you have any questions about a particular site, let's discuss!
- Ideal site size is approx. 200' x 200'. We will look at sites that are larger as well (Future designs may include car wash facilities). Co-tenant relationships and mutual site developments will also be seriously considered on larger parcels.
- Minimal site size is 175' x 150'
- Frontage is most important vs. depth of site with ability to erect sign for business.
- Availability of minimum of (2) curb cuts is necessary
- Topography should be generally agreeable to development use
General site characteristics:
- Corner sites preferred, but not necessary
- Utilities - electric and water needed. Prefer municipal water hookup. Will consider sites with well water pending quantity availability. Municipal sewer preferred, but septic systems ok. Natural gas availability good, will work ok with propane/heating oil.
- Prefer "going home" side of road vs. "going to work" side.
- Site does not have to be vacant. Fastrac will consider sites that have existing structures. Upon development, structures would be razed. Fastrac will value a site based on its location and value to Fastrac, not as an existing business.
- Prefer sites that are already zoned for convenience store/retail petroleum sales. Will consider sites that can be re-zoned where applicable. Will look at sites to be re-zoned on a case by case basis as a last resort in a specific area.
- Ideally would like to locate sites in an established or growing commercial/retail market area
- Urban sites will be looked at. Will need to assess competition levels and urban approval process.
- Small town markets will be looked at
- Will need to consider sites for both weekday traffic and weekend traffic
- Traffic count needs TBD per site
- Population counts (ie. Rooftops) 1mile/3mile/10mile needs TBD per site
1. Strongly prefer to acquire and own site.
- Fastrac will seriously consider land swaps, co-site development arrangements and co-tenant relationships.
- We will also want to look at desirable sites that may not be on the market at this time and ones that can be assembled from multiple parcels.
- Our designs work well with certain fast food restaurants, banks, retail services (i.e. dry cleaning), motels, and other complimentary retail uses such as larger restaurants and "big-box" type developments.